Become a Member
The FMA at Portland State University is a diverse group of students composed of finance majors as well as a variety of students interested in learning about the field of Finance. The FMA provides unique opportunities to meet and network with company executives and local finance professionals. The FMA gives you the opportunity to get actively involved in your major, and helps to bridge the gap from student to professional!
What is the value in joining FMA International?
- The FMA National Honors Society is the only finance specific national honors in the US
- Members will have the opportunity to tour local investment banks, hedge funds, mutual funds, and Fortune 500 companies
- Members will have access to study groups and tutors who have excelled in BA 303 and FIN 319
- Members will have the opportunity to participate in Resume Critique events as well as Finance specific career development
- Members have the opportunity to use the FMA as a platform for extra curricular activities, perfect for helping build resume line items.
- Members will have access to special finance events throughout the school year.
Signing up with FMA International
- Go to http://www.fma.org/Student/index.htm
- At the top right side, click on "join here." Fill out the application and you will be prompted to pay the $35.00 annual fee. You can also pay the 2 year fees for a discounted price of $50.00. For local chapter dues select not applicable, we don't have any at this time.
- Some of you may have already completed the process of requesting to join. Once dues are paid, go to Orgsync.com. If you have not already done so, sign up on orgsync, find the FMA under the search tool, and send a request to join our student organization.
- That's it! For those members who have signed up with FMA International, we will confirm your payment with FMA international to make sure everything is correct! You'll get periodic emails from us about our upcoming events, and we'll eagerly wait in anticipation of getting to meet each and everyone of you!
-Note: It is important that you sign up through Orgsync as well to be recognized as a member of the Portland State Chapter of the FMA