What if I don't get along with my roommate?

You should first try to resolve the issue with your roommate. If you feel uncomfortable trying to resolve the issue alone, you have staff available to help. You should speak with your Resident Assistant (RA) on your floor or in your building or your Area Coordinator (AC) to try to resolve the issues with your roommate.  If your problems cannot be resolved, you may submit a Room Transfer Request (RTR). Transfers take place in all quarters except Spring and Summer, and happen once the Housing Freeze is lifted (during the 3rd week of the term). Students should not expect an immediate transfer as it is dependent on space availability. 

First Year students do not qualify for a room transfer request and should work to do a room swap. This involves finding another pair of roommates and swaping roommates with another group. Room swaps can be done quickly and should be approved by the Housing Office before anyone changes rooms.