What if I become ill or have to drop a class after the deadline to drop a class?

If you become ill or for another reason need to drop a class after the deadline to drop, you must submit a petition for a drop or withdrawal to the Deadline Appeals Board. This needs to be done before the beginning of the following term. To retroactively drop/withdraw from a class from a previous term, undergraduate students must instead submit a petition to the Scholastic Standards Committee (SSC) and graduate students must submit a Graduate Petition. These petitions are available from the Office of the Registrar website.