Should I get renter's insurance if I live in University Housing?

The University is not responsible for loss or damage to personal property in University Housing facilities due to fire, theft, water, interruption of water or heat, other utility problems, damages cause by residents or other causes. Residents are strongly encouraged to carry personal property or renter's insurance. Residents are also encourage to remove all valuable items from the unit during any extended absence.