I am a ward of the court but graduated from high school and then went to live with my mother for two months. Did I lose my independent status?

A student is considered to be independent if he or she is a ward of the court, or was a ward of the court until the individual reached the age of 18. If your ward of the court status changed before you reached 18 you may be considered dependent on your parent. In that case you should talk about your situation with Portland States Office of Financial Aid.