Can the personal counseling requirement be done before coming to PSU? If not, does PSU Counseling and Psychological Services provide counseling at a reduced rate?

The personal counseling can be done before coming to PSU but only if that counseling has been completed in the very recent past (six months to a year). PSU's Student Health & Counseling (SHAC) can provide counseling at a reduced rate. For specific fee information visit the SHAC website.

In the event that it becomes obvious to faculty supervising practicum or internship that a student's unresolved personal issues are impairing their ability to provide counseling to clients, students may be required to do additional personal counseling with a qualified counselor or therapist of their choosing.